PAGES

03 August 2011

Neglect!

I clicked onto this blog today, and realized how much I have neglected it. So much potential here, but I don't nurture it. I don't make time for it. I am disappointed in myself, but life is just not conducive to blogging sometimes.

As I wrote the title of this post, the word "neglect" kind of hurt my eyes. I can't help think about other things in my life that I have been neglecting lately. They aren't all things I can so easily afford to ignore, though. Some of these things are actually very important to the people I love most in this world.  How has this happened? I don't want to be neglectful. I don't want to put off doing things for the people I love. What am I doing instead? What isn't being neglected?

Ah, there's the rub! My real problem is coming into focus. Some things are not being neglected at all. They get hours and hours of my time each day. Are they really deserving of that much time and dedication?

I think it is time to make some lists. I think better on paper, pen in hand. I need reevaluate the things I am giving myself to, and I need to root out those things that have exalted themselves to a place of priority in my life. My days are numbered. I need to get serious about how I spend them. Am I investing them in what will bear fruit, or am I wasting them away? Productivity isn't my only goal, though. My desire is to be purposeful. I want to accomplish what I've been put here to do, and I want to make a difference in the lives of those I love. I want to fulfill my purpose.

So, no more neglect.

Are there important things you have been neglecting lately, or are you achieving your purpose in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!