PAGES

15 July 2013

Blog More; Edit Less

I tried out a new layout for my blog, and lost my old one. I went too far, and couldn't get back. So, I am not pleased with the look of this, but it will have to do for now. 

You know, I think about blogging all the time. I think about writing with such longing. Yet, I talk myself out of it again and again. Almost as soon as the thought pop is into my head. 

Today (or was it yesterday?) I was listening to this thing with Sara Groves, the singer-songwriter. She said that she has her husband produce her songs, because she over-edits herself. She examines things too much. 

I find I do that, too. Kinda like what happened to my blog layout. I went go too far. 




So, for the sake of not having a blog that is just sitting and gathering dust, I am really going to try to blog more, and edit less. Or, just close up shop. We'll see what happens!

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying the blog thing again. Two things...I still self-censor, and I still have a readership I could count on a mitten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me burst out laughing. You are so funny! I haven't been to your blog since the first time, but I WANT TO READ IT!!! I need to add it to my list.

      Delete
  2. Blog on. Didn't know you had this hiding over here. I have subbed through reader.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!