PAGES

15 July 2013

Day Off

Today (yesterday) was my first day off in a long, long time. And, by day off I mean really off. No work whatsoever. No business. No emails. No phone calls. No accounting. No worries. No nothing.

It felt pretty great. 


Doug and I will get partial days off during the week, but a full day? I can't recall the last time, because no matter how hard we try, there is always work to do. Or, we end up talking about work even during our down time. And, by work I do mean ministry, but ministry is our work. We love our work, which makes it easy to talk about, but it's good to have time off.


Of course, Doug did not have the day off, as he is in Arizona visiting his mother, and preached two services at a church there that supports the ministry. However, Hannah and I were here, and we had a day off. In a few hours, it's back to work, and it's gonna be a doozie of a day, but at least I had today. 


Thanks, Hannah, for making it such a good one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!